The Leafs have announced that their Blue vs White Game to be held on Saturday January 9th, will be televised.
Mark your calendar 🗓️
— Toronto Maple Leafs (@MapleLeafs) January 7, 2021
This comes after the team received confirmation that they would be allowed to play games at Scotiabank Arena for the season.
The game will have a similar format to the camp where the club roster is divided into two teams. The final rosters will be released on Friday.
This will be the first game like day for the team, gving them the opportunity to jump into the swing of things before the season begins. Just like they would have if there were exhibition games like in previous years.
Per the Maple Leafs, the broadcast will include folks familiar to fans.
- Joe Bowen as play by play announcer
- Two-time gold medalist and professional player Cheryl Pounder with colour commentary
- Toronto Marlies play by play announcer Todd Crocker between the benches
- Maple Leaf alumni Bob McGill as a rinkside analyst
- Maple Leaf in-arena hosts Danielle Emanuele and Scott Willats as pre-game and intermission panel hosts
- Special panel guest Jayna Hefford, one of Canada’s most decorated Olympians and Chairperson of the Professional Women’s Hockey Players Association.
The game will begin at 7:00pm and will be broadcast on both Sportsnet and TSN.