The Toronto Raptors (1-3) take the court against the New Orleans Pelicans (3-2) as favorites on Saturday, January 2, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on NBA TV. The over/under in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 2, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Raptors vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Raptors vs Pelicans Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 2
Raptors: Patrick McCaw: Out (Knee)
Pelicans: Wenyen Gabriel: Day To Day (Right Knee)
Raptors and Pelicans Records ATS
- Toronto went over .500 against the spread last season with a record of 46-36-1.
- The Raptors had a winning record against the spread when favored by 1.5 points or more, going 32-24-1 last season.
- Toronto and its opponents went over the set total in only 41 of 83 games last season (49.4%).
- Last season, New Orleans came up with a balanced record of 34-34-4 ATS.
- The Pelicans were at least a 1.5-point underdog 32nd times last season, where they had a record of 16-14-1 against the spread.
- 45.8% of New Orleans’ 72 games last season stayed under the over/under.
Head to Head
Brandon Ingram (24 points) led the Pelicans over Pascal Siakam (20 points) and the Raptors 113-99 in their most recent matchup on Wednesday. The Raptors were favored by 4 points in the game, but the Pelicans covered the spread. The 212 total points in the matchup went under the 229.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/23/2020||Raptors||Raptors||-4||229.5||-167||139||Regular Season||113-99 NO|
|11/8/2019||Raptors||Pelicans||-2.5||232.5||-139||117||Regular Season||122-104 TOR*|
|10/22/2019||Raptors||Raptors||-6.5||229||-278||226||Regular Season||130-122 TOR*|
|3/8/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-104 TOR|
|11/12/2018||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-110 NO|
|11/15/2017||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-116 TOR|
|11/9/2017||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-118 TOR|
|3/8/2017||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||94-87 TOR|
|1/31/2017||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-106 TOR|
|3/26/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-91 TOR|
- 11/8/2019 DNP – Pelicans: Zion Williamson
- 10/22/2019 DNP – Pelicans: Zion Williamson
- In Toronto’s matchups last season, the Raptors and their opponents exceeded Saturday’s point total of 212.5 points 48 times (57.8% of opportunities).
- In 61 out of New Orleans’ 72 games last year (84.7%), the competing teams combined for more points than the over/under in Saturday’s matchup.
- The Raptors saw a 218.7 average over/under in their games last season, 6.2 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 20.5 points fewer than the average over/under in Pelicans’ games last season (233 points).
- The Raptors’ average implied point total last season was 5.4 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (112.4 implied points on average compared to 107 implied points in this game).
- Last season, Toronto scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (107) 55 times.
- The Pelicans’ average implied point total last season (118.6 points) is 12.6 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (106 points).
- Last season, New Orleans scored more than this game’s implied total of 106 points 58 times.
- Last season, the Raptors were the NBA’s 13th-highest scoring team (112.3 PPG), while the Pelicans allowed their opponents the 27th-fewest points per game (117.1) in the league.
- The Raptors totaled 494 more points than their opponents last season (six per game on average), while the Pelicans were out-scored by 93 total points (1.3 per game average differential).
- Siakam contributed 22.9 points per game last season while also adding 7.3 rebounds.
- Kyle Lowry dished out 7.5 assists per game.
- Fred VanVleet averaged 1.8 steals per game. Chris Boucher collected 1.0 block a contest.
- Ingram has the top spot on the Pelicans scoring and assist lists, tallying 22.6 points and 5.6 assists per game.
- Ingram’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 23.5, 0.9 points higher than his season average of 22.6.
- Steven Adams collects all of the boards and is the New Orleans leader in rebounds, getting 8.8 per game.
- Adams’ PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 21.5, 1.3 higher than his season average of 20.2.
- Ingram leads the Pelicans in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.4 made threes per game.
- Ingram’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 2.4.
- New Orleans’ Lonzo Ball has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.8 per game and Adams is first in blocks with 1.2 per game.
- Adams’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from