The second round of the 2020 NBA playoffs is complete. The Miami Heat pulled off a stunning upset of the top-seeded Milwaukee Bucks, winning the series in five games. In the next round, the Heat will face the Boston Celtics, who defeated the defending champion Toronto Raptors in a hard fought Game 7.
Over in the West, the top-seeded Los Angeles Lakers dispatched of the Houston Rockets in five games and will face the Denver Nuggets, who pulled off a second consecutive comeback from 3-1 down to defeat the LA Clippers, who still have never advanced to the conference finals.
The Miami Heat, led by Jimmy Butler, advance to the Eastern Conference finals as they come back to beat Milwaukee 103-94.
• Butler: Best performances yet to come for Heat
• Bontemps: Giannis and the Bucks are now on the clock
• Marvin Williams retires from NBA after 15 seasons
• Arnovitz: How the Milwaukee Bucks lost momentum
• Pelton: Why Giannis isn’t the MVP of the playoffs
Led by Jayson Tatum’s 29 points, the Celtics take down the Raptors in Game 7 to set up a conference finals showdown vs. the Heat.
• Siakam: I take a lot of blame for Raptors’ ouster
• Smart’s late block helps Celtics eliminate Raptors
• NBA debate: Predictions for Game 7
• Bontemps: No one expected the Raptors to be here
• NBA faults lack of foul on Walker’s late layup miss
Led by LeBron James’ near-triple-double, the Lakers pummel the Rockets by double digits to advance to the Western Conference finals.
• MacMahon: Mike D’Antoni might go, but Rockets’ small ball is here to stay
• Marks: Next for the Houston Rockets
• LeBron James leads Lakers to conference finals
• McMenamin: Inside LeBron’s super-effective go-to move
• Shelburne: Lakers embrace D’Antoni’s vision, out-small ball Rockets
Jamal Murray drills an off-balance 3-pointer to beat the shot clock then Jerami Grant flushes a fast-break jam as the Nuggets take a 20-point lead.
• Windhorst: This stunning failure has the Clippers’ on the clock
• Marks: Next for the LA Clippers
• Lowe on Game 7: How the Nuggets put the Clippers on the edge of another catastrophe
• Windhorst: Why are the Nuggets handling this pressure better than the title favorites?
• Nuggets erase 19-point deficit, stun Clips again