Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sport Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
Today’s episode of 2 Guys and a Goalie was obvious a strange one as the guys had to try to make some sense out of everything that’s happening in the world right now as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Obviously, the NHL correctly decided to suspend its season and that’s made it difficult for hockey fans everywhere. Regardless, the show must go on and the boys wanted to get together and discuss what might come next as the world at large works through a strange time in history.
The Rundown for today’s show:
- What the NHL is doing to in preparation for potentially getting back to work
- What life is like without sports to talk about or watch
- Wondering how on earth the Anaheim Ducks thought it was a good idea to place a player on waivers in the midst of a pandemic
- Popeye’s Poll Question: Will the NHL be able to play games again?
- Teams that have decided whether or not to pay their part-time employees
- COVID-19 updates from around the world of sports
- 2 Guys Super Trivia: Do you have a handle on your NHL history? What about stats?
- Recommended TV shows and movies to watch during the stoppage
- Keep It or Clip It with a range of topics from soup and grilled cheese to potential playoff formats
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!